Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time to reflect

I've noticed lately how people are always thinking about the future and what they're going to do 50 years from now. They're always worrying about whats going to happen tomorrow. They rush through life without taking time to stop and look at their lives. I'm not saying don't prepare for the future, or that everything should be spontaneous. I'm just saying that things need to be handled with care, especially your own life. Let me ask you some questions. Have you ever let a good friendship die because you didn't take the time to say "hi"? Have you ever gone to bed with the next hundred chores running through your head? Have you ever ask someone "how are you" and not waited to hear the reply? All you parents, have you ever told your child "we'll do it tomorrow" and in your haste, not seen their pain? Everyone, have you ever watched kids on the merry-go-round or gazed at the sun into the fading night? Have you ever watched a butterflies erratic flight, or listened to the rain hitting the ground? When you run so fast to get somewhere, you miss half the fun of getting there. When you worry and hurry throughout your day, life becomes like an unopened gift, just tossed to the side. Please, you'd better slow down, don't dance so fast. Time is short, the music won't last. Life isn't a race. Take things slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sometimes you gotta run away so you can see who will run after you. Sometimes you gotta talk quieter just to see who's listening. Sometimes you gotta step up in a fight just to see who's by your side. Sometimes you gotta make a wrong decision to see who's there to fix it. Sometimes you gotta let go of the one you love just to see if they love you enough to come back. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle. You deserve to be with somebody who makes you happy. Somebody who doesn't complicate your life. Somebody who won't hurt you. If they're stupid enough to walk away, be smart enough to let them go. Be who you want to be, not what others want to see. Forgive people, not because you're weak, but because you're strong enough to know that people make mistakes. Take chances, because you never know how great something could turn out to be. Certain things are just worth waiting for.

So I was just sitting here writing this and listening to worship songs and it really got me thinking. I love Jesus. He has just been so awesome in my life lately. At times I've felt like there's no reason to smile or to even live. But then I see this glimpse of light and I feel God saying to me that there's more to come. Theres a story I read about a lady who was dying, and asked her pastor to bury her with a fork. She explained this by saying how after meals people always say to keep your fork, and that means theres something better coming. So by keeping her fork, she's getting ready to go on to something even more spectacular than life itself. So I say to all of you, KEEP YOUR FORK. :P But seriously, this past year has just been amazing. It's definitly had its downs (R.I.P. Olivia, Eric and Floyd) but it's had it's ups as well. I have grown so much in myself and in Jesus. God has been doing a ton of stuff in my heart and I am so stoked on whats to come this year. I know it's gonna be good.

Later gators

3 comments:

Russel_larson said...

frik that is so amazing !! i love reading your work

Russel_larson said...

i also love watching you grow in your realtionship with God its amazing

Madison Olivia said...

So I'ma Make my comment beat Russel's. First, That was fabulous Babe; Realllyyy Good. It definitely challenged me in a couple areas that i just haven't sat back and looked at yet, thanks FOR THE SMACK IN THE HEAD =P

Alsooo, You have inspired me.. I WANT A Blog! Maybe just to be able to ramble on about stuff i never could.

Also.. I love you. You're pretty much amazing. Be my friend forever?