Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summit, Poems, Africa and Moms!

So today was the second and final day of the Leadership Summit. And was it ever AMAZING! We watched...4 videos i believe..and P. Craig talked as well. Evereything was so deep and touching and I got so much. I was on the verge of tears more than once and all this has made me so much more stoked for what Gods got for me. And I got to see Emily Beer again, which was friggen sweet! But it was sad to say goodbye to Darla and Romeo. They promised to visit again though.

Sheila pulled me and Russ aside after it was over and first thing I thought was "oh snap what did i do?!?!" I guess i made a face and she laughed and was like "you`re not in trouble". So we went and sat on the stairs to the stage. She started talking about how her and other leaders in our church, such as P. Scott, have been reading our blogs and poems. They said they were so inspired by what we wrote. That was sweet to hear just by itself..but it gets better! She then asked me and Russ to think and pray to God about writing a poem for Thanksgiving and then possibly getting together with photographers from our church to basically put pictures to words. I was so touched that they would ask us that..it really shows how even the younger leaders are recognized for their strengths. So I`ve already started thinking about that.

Another sweet thing that was thought up today was a possible Africa trip in spring of 2010, with just a few youth from our church. Me, Jay, Russ, Jesse and Matt were talking about it this afternoon. We want to raise $100,000 and then go to a small village in Africa that has nothing..and basically give them everything. Build them houses, a school, give them clothes, bring a doctor to get them medical help. Its in the works right now, but its gonna be awesome.

So I`m just gonna finish this post off by saying I have the best mom in the world. She has always been there for me and building me up into the young woman I am today. Without her...I don`t even want to think of where I`d be. I realize that I have not always given her the time and value she deserves. She is an amazing mother and I am so lucky to have her as mine. I love you Mommy, to the moon..and back! <3

Later Gators!

1 comment:

Russel_larson said...

its was a great weekend for sure!