Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WOWZA! Variety Night a SUCCESS!

As many of you know, last night was my Variety Night. And it was a HUGE success! Around 100 people came to watch and they were so supportive. We had 15 performaces and all of them blew the crowd away. They were amazing! As I went up to close at the end, everyone started clapping and standing up. I wasn't sure what to do cause I had something planned to say..but couldn't really say it. I looked at my mom and she said "This is for you!" So I just stood there smiling as they all clapped and cheered for me. It felt really nice. Then I thanked a few individuals. As I was about to go off stage, my friend Sarah came out on the stage with a bouquet of beautiful flowers. She took the mic and said a few words about me and I'll admit I almost started to cry. Which, btw, a lot of people did during many of the performaces! As I was on the stage tho, I announced the estimated total of donations.
*DRUM ROLL*
Over $800!!!
PLUS, more people bought snacks after the show and some donated more money. So after all that, we raised around $900! AMAZING! Before I read the number, my mom handed me the paper and when I saw it, my mouth dropped open, which made a lot of people laugh :P.

So I just want to say thank you to all who performed and volunteered. You did an amazing job. And also I'd like to thank everyone who came out and supported. Without people like you, nights like this couldn't happen. I am so proud of everyone.

Here's a link to the article in the Echo

http://www2.canada.com/comoxvalleyecho/news/story.html?id=63aaca97-8fa9-4d4e-bd82-8476ad1e5817

Also, in the next night or two, there will be a story on it on A-Channel news (channel 12).

If you are still interested in donating to Guardian Angel, you can drop off your donations at the main office at Highland Secondary or you can find me...I'll be around. :P

Later Gators!

No comments: