Wednesday, January 28, 2009

bothered?

So as most of you must know, at church and Youth group the last few weeks, out topic has been "Bothered?" We were challenged over the last couple weeks to be bothered by the issues in our world. And to get more and more bothered.
One thing that has always bothered me is Homelessness. I've really started to realize lately that I take so much for granted.
I get cold and I put another log on the fire or turn up the heater. Homeless people get cold and they try to cover themselves with rags or newspapers.
I get thirsty and I go to the tap. Homeless people get thirsty and they drink from puddles or just get dehydrated.
I get hungry and I open the cupboard or fridge. Homeless people get hungry and they beg for food or eat the scraps they have.
I feel upset, I turn to my family and friends for support. Homeless people get upset and most don't have anyone to turn to.
I get sick and I go to the doctor. Homeless people get sick and most die before they get help.
It makes me feel like crap to think about this. And it bothers me. It bothers me A LOT. And I get more bothered with it each and every day. Some people think that there's only homelessness in big cities. But there are so many here in the Valley. It pains me to think that when I'm done this post, I'll go get into my warm bed, while there's so many people who won't sleep at all tonight. Or will sleep on nothing but a cardboard box..an old blanket...or even the cold, hard ground.
So I challenge all of you...everyone who has the same privileges I have..get bothered by this.

2 comments:

Chelsealee said...

sam that is such a good point and im always bothered by it, maybe thats because i have a personal expierence but honestly your so right and its sad.

Chelsealee said...

listen to:

God of justice - tim hughes!

its sorta like what your talking about