Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Friend Indeed~Thanks Daniel!

As many of you know, in the past year and a half I have lost 3 close friends and my dog. Olivia Johnson passed away from cancer, Eric Sanderson from an overdose, Zachary Pearson from a car accident and Floyd from old age. It's been really tough to keep faith. Many times this year my faith has slipped and I've doubted God. But everytime that happens, someone tells me something or I read something in my Bible that brings me back up.
The latest faith slip was last week/weekend. They had just been on my mind a lot, and no matter how hard I tried to stay positive, the tears would come and I'd get angry with God. Encounter helped a lot. I felt God reassuring me all weekend. And on saturday night, Kelsey prayed for me and so did a few others. I was feeling better. On the way home I sat with Daniel on the front bench and we talked for a bit, which also helped. Then we fell asleep :P
But even after all that, I was still feeling...gah! I was trying to keep my mind off of it in school. First block today, Biology 12, not my favorite class. My phone was on the table and it started to vibrate. Which in our classroom, was really loud! I quickly grabbed it and put it in my lap. After a few minutes I opened my phone and had a message from Daniel. (Message)"Matthew 5:4 - You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the one most dear to you". I've heard this verse before, but this time it hit the spot. As soon as I read it, tears came to my eyes, only this time they were good tears. Tears of peace. I had to leave the class for a few minutes and my friend Meaghan came with me. It was great that one small verse made me feel so much better. Part of it was cause Dan read this verse and sent it to me. It was perfect. So thank you Daniel, for being the amazing friend and brother that you are!

No comments: