Monday, January 19, 2009

My Savior Lives

So tonight I drove my sister to dance and then went to Mattchew's house for a bit. He's teaching me guitar. He tuned my guitar and then we worked on some chords. I asked if he knew Consuming Fire (of course he did!). So he wrote down the chords for the chorus for me. My "homework" is to learn it :P Just so you know, Consuming Fire is my ALL TIME favourite song. Everytime I hear it, I get goosebumps and definitely feel God's presence. So I had that song stuck in my head for most of the drive to pick Kelsey up and go home. Then on the way home, I was listening to Praise 106.5 (AWESOME radio station!) and a song came on that just hit me so hard. "My Savior My God" by Aaron Shust. I had never heard this song before, but it was amazing and the words just spoke to me. Then as I was listening, I had this press on my heart to pray for my friend Chelsea from the mainland. (Take note this happened around 8:35pm) I didn't know why, but of course I didn't object. So I prayed for a bit. When I got home, I went on the computer. As soon as I signed into MSN, Chelsea started talking to me. I could tell right away that something was wrong. I asked her if she was alright. She said "actually, no. My friend told me she's thinking of committing suicide. Then she signed off." I asked her when this happened and she said around 8:30pm. Kinda cool, eh? So me and her prayed together and I'm still praying now. I hoping that her friend finds peace and comfort. Please pray for her as well..and for my friend that she doesn't give up hope. Our God is an awesome God who does AMAZING things.

Later Gators!

Here's the link to the video of My Savior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jazyUn4LMgA

This is her friend

1 comment:

mandy larade said...

Wow, that's amazing. I was listening to that song today too!