Friday, April 10, 2009

Please Pray.

A best friend of mine made a choice last night. I talked to him earlier and knowing he was going to this party, I asked him to make me a promise. That he wouldn't drink and wouldn't do something he'd regret. At about 11:30 last night, I got a text from a friend. "____ is drunk". My heart dropped. I felt sick. I asked my friend to keep an eye on him. By the favor of God, he got home safely. He emailed me as soon as he did, saying how sorry he was and how bad he felt. I told him that I was very dissapointed in him, but I am supporting him. He's changed over the last month or so...changed so much that it seemed like I didn't even know him anymore. We talked for a long time about it and I told him that I will always be there for him..that I'm not going anywhere. He said "I love you as a friend, Sam. You are one of my best friends and I'm so glad you're here for me". I just about cried right there. It was then that I realized he hasn't changed. He's just been struggling. I've been praying so hard for him..and even thinking about it makes me tear up. I was so scared that there was going to be an accident..it would kill me to lose him.
Please, if you read this, pray for him to have strength and faith. And pray for myself and friends to be able to support him.

1 comment:

Julie Kervin said...

i'm praying all the time, he never leaves my mind.....

J