Sunday, September 21, 2008

Olivia Erica Johnson ~ November 20, 1991 - September 20, 2007

As many of you know, yesterday was the one year mark of one of my best friend's death. Olivia was 15 and passed away from cancer September 20, 2007, exactly two months before her 16th birthday. She battled cancer since grade four, and was easily the nicest and strongest person I have ever met. She was always happy and laughing and making everyone around her smile. So many were mourning when she passed away, but it was what needed to happen. She is no longer in pain. Last night I was thinking about her and words started coming..so I wrote it down. When I read over it after, I started crying.

A year has gone by
Since you went away.
It seems like just yesterday
I saw you smiling.
I hear music
And your laughter fills my ears.
I think of the days
We sat and told stories.
As I sit here and remember
My heart and soul mourn.
What I'd do to see you again
Just one more day is all I ask
But you're better up there
So keep dancing with Jesus
And I'll see you again someday.
Until then, Rest In Peace
My Gaurdian Angel <3

1 comment:

Russel_larson said...

I didnt even know her but knowing what you 2 had i tear up reading that.