Thursday, September 11, 2008

As I Was Saying..

Ok so now I can add more to my last post. I have a spare right now and am sitting in the Library. I've done my Bio homework and now have nothing to do. BLOG TIME! WOOOT!
So last night was our big Kick-Off for youth group. The biggest thing was saying goodbye to Fusion/Shift and hello to THRIVE YOUTH CHURCH!! As all the students went into the sanctuary, us leaders ran into the pre-service prayer/masters/green room and put on our awesome red leaders shirts. (did i mention that these shirts are awesome? Great job, Kels!) Then as Jay went up to talk, we all went in and stood up on the stage. When he introduced the new name, Russel and Randy took off the old banners and a sweet picture went up on the screens. The kids were pretty loud as they cheered! It was so awesome. The worship was AMAZING, the sermon was AMAZING, and the hang out time was..well...AMAZING! I just love our youth group..words can't describe how proud I am of all of us and how excited I am to see everyone grow and walk with God so much more.

I step into the background,
Smile on my face as I watch.
Everyone laughing and joyful,
Loving each other and God.
I can't express the way
All this makes me feel.
Anxious for the future
Excited about the now.
So proud of my family
As they grow all around
Just be patient
And you'll see a miracle

No comments: