Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surrey isn't all bad..

So this past weekend was the Youth Rally at Sunshine Hills in Surrey. We all piled into the van (plus two in the car along with luggage) at about 3 o'clock on friday and headed for Nanaimo. The ferry ride was..well..a ferry ride :P We went up on the deck and had fun with all the wind. The drive to the church seemed so long, but finally we were there..late..but we were there. The worship was great and so was the sermon (Pastor Dan is AMAZING). The best part tho was seeing camp people again, especially Tayler!! It all seemed to go by too fast, and before we knew it, we were the only ones left. Us girls (me being the only leader, and then 8 students) got the portable, which was really nice actually! The guys got the church. Everything seemed to be going fine..we were listening to music and laughing and just having fun..then all of a sudden there was a bunch of pounding on the back door and yelling. The girls started screaming and everyone ran to the door (no idea why!). While me and Marika were yelling at everyone to stop screaming, Steph was yelling "We're all gonna die!!" and Chelsea "I'm not screaming!!" Then someone said something about him having an axe..which really didn't help the situation! Finally we got everyone to be quiet and go back to the couches. The pounding had stopped so I called Jay and he said all the guys were there and (get this) most of them were sleeping. Being in the state of mind I was in, I believed him. A few minutes later he called me and told me it was all a joke and that it had been Cody. I hung up on him. He called me back to apologize. And has been apologizing over and over again since! :P I guess when he was trying to call me, his phone died. So he had to run around the room trying to find a plug in to turn his phone back on, and then Kelsey called, but he ignored her call to call me back. The thing that scared me the most about this was that I was the ONLY leader, so I was responsible for these girls. Jay said he didn't think of that until after, and if he had, then he wouldn't have let the guys do it. Looking back on the event now, I laugh. But other than that, the trip was lots of fun. Randy got me Starbucks in the morning so I was quite content :) The trip home didn't seem as long. Although we did have to wait awhile cause we were really early for our ferry. But there is definitly good stories and memories coming out of this trip and I can't wait for the next trip.
Well I think I've written enough.. :P
Later Gators!!

17 DAYS TILL CONSUMED!!

1 comment:

mandy larade said...

that was fun! and the garbage bag on the window :P