Wednesday, October 1, 2008

She's BAAACCKKK

Alrighty..wow so much to say now. Where to start?? Homewood. Good place to start. So even though I was only there for 2 1/2 days, it was so much fun! We got there and did the whole tour thing and then got our rooms. My room had 11 people in it, and the other rooms had 2-6 in each :P Then we did our "get to know you" games. They included one called "Do you like your neighbours" and another called "Human Bingo". Last years Syrup mishap was definitly brought up in that game..and many other times on the trip. All the staff that wasn't there last year (pretty much everyone) was filled in pretty quick. If you don't know what happened, long story short, i poured boiling hot pancake syrup BY ACCIDENT on my hand and burnt it. It was pretty embarassing. The whole trip was pretty fun, but there was one incident that, in the end, wasn't very fun at all. We were sailing, and seeing how far we could tip the boat over. Roper (the staff guy, real name John) got me to get on the beam that the sail is on that swings around the boat. So I wrapped my arms and legs around it and he tipped the boat. My head was about 3 inches away from the water. Then he went to do it again, but one guy was leaning on my leg, so I moved it just as Roper tipped the boat. I slid around the beam, hanging upside down. My head and shoulders went under water, and since the boat was moving, the current dragged me under. It was kinda funny, until I got back on the boat and my friend was like "Don't you have your phone in your pocket?" I was in shock..I was pretty upset. So yeah..salt water and phones don't go good together..my phone is done.
It was sad to leave homewood on friday, but now i can't wait for our youth retreat. A few of the staff members are stoked too cause not only am i going back, but some of my jazz friends want to come on the retreat too, so thats awesome.
Can't really think of anything else to say at the moment..plus I'm getting kicked off the computer. So I will add more another time.

Later Gators!!

No comments: