Monday, October 13, 2008

Flow

Yesterday at church Pastor Scott continued our series called Flow. The point of the sermon was Whoever holds our heart determines our future, so we must not follow our heart, we must lead our heart. Matthew 6:19-24 talked about not storing our treasures on earth because they will overtake our hearts. If you allow earthly treasures to hold your heart, they will start to control your emotions and the way you percieve things. We need to let God hold our hearts.
Every sermon I hear affects me in some way. They always do..but this one really hit hard. I have been guilty of telling people to "follow your heart" and I too have listened to this "advice". 1 Peter 5:7 says "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." Looking at my life and the way I lead my heart, at times I see I have not been doing the best I can. I have sometimes feared that He will do something I don't like...but that's not true. I now see that I need to completely and fully put my heart in God's hands, because He will always be there to teach me how to lead my own heart and He will never do anything with it to hurt me. I am learning how to lead my heart and I am happy with the way things are going right now. I have an amazing family, friends, boyfriend, job, schooling...life. I'd say I'm doing pretty good! But i know that if I ever struggle (and I know I will!) that when I turn around, no matter how far I get, God will always be there, heart in hand, waiting to catch me if ever I fall.

1 comment:

HeatherH said...

ohh wow. i totally know what you mean. i never really thought of it that way either. that's really powerful. Thanks for sharing that Sammy *hug*.