Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jesus I run to you

There's this band called Lady Antebellum. They're country, but not twangy country. They're also one of my all-time favourite bands. They have a song called "I Run To You". Like most songs nowadays, it's a love song. The chorus goes like this:

This world keeps spinning faster
Into a new disaster so I run to you
I run to you baby
When it all starts coming undone
Baby you're the only one I run to
I run to you


As I was listening to it earlier, I started to think about the words. They're singing about how when things get rough, they run to the one they love for comfort. Now what if we sung this song, but instead of saying "baby", we said "Jesus"? I run to you Jesus, when it all starts coming undone. Jesus you're the only one I run to. Would the meaning of the song change? Or would it merely be intensified? Aren't we supposed to run to Jesus when our lives get tough? Trust in Him and know that He will guide us through? BUT we're also supposed to run to Him when our lives are good. He's not just there to rescue us. He's there to rejoice and dance with us as well! Next time you're listening to a love song, and that special someone comes to mind, try thinking of God instead. Try singing that love song to Him. Or imagine Him singing it to you. Try it. It's pretty amazing.

No comments: