Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hello there.

I haven't really blogged in awhile. Like...3 months. So I thought maybe I should get back on the blogging train!

A couple quick things that I'll mention are some great opportunities I had over the last little bit. One was being able to attend Gold River's grad. That was great! Everyone looked so good and it was great to be able to see people again! Another thing I got to do was attend Matt & Deanna's wedding. Beautiful! I felt so blessed to be able to share their special day with them. PLUS, me and Matt Pow actually got a decent picture together! That never happens! Haha and a group of us had a photoshoot after, so that was a lot of fun. It was a great day for sure!

College! I am officially a college graduate! I now have two grad caps, each with a tassel showcasing a different year. So weird! College was an amazing experience for me. It was great being part of a class with such diversity. I was the youngest student in my course, and the oldest was 63! But you know what? I rarely noticed the age difference. I was worried about being the youngest, but I felt so accepted right away. It was great! I made some friendships that will last a really long time and I'm so excited about that! There was definitely some rough times throughout the year where I just wanted to quit and thought to myself "why the heck did I do this?!" But then I would pass a homeless man on the street. Or get a hug from a little boy in my practicum. And then I'd remember why. I'm not just going to school to get a title of some sort. I'm going to school to make a difference.

Katimavik! Wow, lots going on with that. In my last post, it said I was maybe in. Now I am FO SHO in! It's pretty exciting. But it's also been a crazy road with everything! I was supposed to find out last week where I'm going, but instead I received an email saying they didn't have the information ready yet. Then a few days later I got another email saying they had a funding cut, and there would be some changes. Those changes included cutting the program to 6 months instead of 9 months, which means 2 placements instead of 3, and I will no longer be receiving $1000 at the end. I will still, however, receive an "allowance" of about $20/week. I should be finding out tomorrow where I'm going...so I will *hopefully* blog again tomorrow with that information! Its gonna be tough being away for 6 months, especially not being home for Christmas, but it's also gonna be an amazing experience and I'm really excited!

Relay for Life! Once again, I entered a team into Relay for Life. Correction, I entered 3 teams into Relay for Life! About 30 people were involved with the Guardian Angel teams and it was great! We did tight&bright/superheros as our theme and we just had a blast. Around 1am, we got the music guy to announce us, and we did our Jump dance from Variety Night in front of the stage. After we finished, the crowd clapped and as we were walking away, the announcer called us back. Apparently about 30 seconds before we started, they had just decided to award the Team Spirit Award to our team, and then when they got to the stage to announce it, we were dancing! How cool is that?! Not everyone could stay all night, which was fine, and almost everyone made it the whole night without sleeping. I admit I fell asleep for about two hours, which is two more hours than last year! I'm not sure how much our team raised, but the whole Comox Valley raised over $100,000! So great!!

Other than that, there hasn't been anything BIG going on that's really blog-worthy. Oh, and I'm blonde again :) I didn't realize how much I missed it!

I'm really really really stoked for summer. I'll end my post with a list of things I'm looking forward to this summer!

Summer 2010:

- TAN! my shorts tan has already started!
- Lake with Tianna this weekend
- Lake/beach/river as much as possible
- Canada Day festivities
- Fireworks in Campbell River on Canada Day
- New camera
- CAMP!! July 11-24!! So stoked!!
- 19th Birthday
- Getting my leather jacket
- Big Time Out
- Multiple camping trips
- Babysitting
- Getting ready for Kaitmavik
- Hanging out and being a teenager!

Summer 2010...its gonna be a gooder!




No comments: