Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rejoining the Blogging world!

Ok..so I'm gonna do a quick update since my last real post.

I guess I'll start with Grad.

It was AMAZING! My date and minuet partner was my good friend Percy.
It was a beautiful day! The ceremony was at the Filberg and everything went perfect. It was a sad but happy day.
After Grad was also amazing..so much fun! Full of dancing, laughing, picture taking, and just hanging out with friends.
"The girls are great, the boys are fine, we're the class of 2009"

Relay For Life! WOW!! I entered a team for Guardian Angel with a group of my friends and some family members. We walked from 7pm to 7am and had a ton of fun. It was cold but we found ways to keep warm...lots of blankets! In totaly, we raised about $2000 with Guardian Angel and won Best Youth Team, which was AWESOME!!

SUMMER! Ok...I'll try and keep this short.

Camp was awesome! It's a Christian Sports camp..two of my favourite things!
Pre-Teen: I was Head Coach this year of my team, The Blues! We called ourselves the Blue Bombers. My assistant coaches, Luke and Chelsea, and our whole team (about 15 kids) were so much fun to play with. We came in third place, which is great! We got lots of extra points for team spirit and sportsmanship.
Teen: Ooh Ah Da Bears! I love my team. I've been part of Da Bears for five years and they're like my family. We're the most loved team at camp because of our personality and how much fun we have. Unfortunately we came in last place this year, but that didn't stop us from cheering. AND I won the Sportsmanship Award for my team for the second year in a row! My birthday was the last day of camp and my team gave me a card and the whole camp sung me Happy Birthday. Nothing like having 400+ people singing Happy Birthday horribly out of tune. I could really feel the love!

My 18th birthday party was a lot of fun. Went to the river and then had a bunch of people over for a BBQ.

My parents, my sisters, the dogs, and I all jumped in our Motor Home and drove to Shuswap Lake and back for a family get-together. My sister-in-law, Jen, has some family who own a cabin by the lake so we stayed there for a few days. It was a lot of fun!


The rest of my summer was just full of hanging out with friends and making the most of the time I had left with some people.

School started in September. Woot for being a college student! I'm taking the Human Service Worker Certificate (1 year) in the Social Services Stream. I love my class. The people in it are amazing. I'm the youngest in my class and the next youngest is 25. The oldest is 63. I love it!
There has definitely been times where the work load has been tough. And there have been classes and discussions that were hard to get through. My class is all very emotional..we even have our own tissue box for our classroom!
I just finished my first semester yesterday when I wrote my English final. It's nice to have a couple weeks off now!

I'm stoked for Christmas! My brother and sister-in-law come home tomorrow for the holidays and I'm really excited to see them. We're gonna have a full house this Christmas! Pretty sure I have to give up my bed tho...hmmm...

My mom had surgery last week...got all her baby making parts taken out and had to get her pelvis realigned cause it was hitting her backbone. She's been home for a few days now and is doing really well. She's off work for about 6 weeks.

Well I think thats about it for now. My hands are getting tired! But at least I FINALLY managed to get an update! And hopefully I'll be more consistant with my blogging from now on!

Later Gators! And if I don't get on before friday, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON AND MIK!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! HOPE YOUR DAY WAS AMAZING! <3 <3

1 comment:

Matt said...

I totally know how you feel when you say its awesome having a tonne of people sing you happy birthday.. the same thing happened to me at camp!!!