Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Farewell For Now - Jason & Kelsey

When I think of Kelsey, I think:

Encouraging
Beautiful
Hilarious
Stylish
Easy to talk to
Role model
Talented
Amazing singer
Great hugs
Inspiring
Unbelievable
Woman of God


When I think of Jason, I think:

Brother
Leader
Encouraging
Hilarious
Talented
Great hugs
Role model
Constant
Handsome
Amazing
Trust
Man of God


Kels & Jay,

You two have done more in my life than you will ever know.

Jay, I've known you for 10 years and you have always been there for me. Whenever I needed someone to talk to or just hang out with, you were always there. I know that I can come to you with anything and you won't judge me. From my parents divorce to losing friends to making mistakes, you've been there to help me through it all. You've been my Leader and Youth Pastor, but you've also been more than that. You've been my brother and my friend and I love you so much for that!

Kels, I've known you for almost 7 years and WOW has it been good! From camp to Mexico to Youth nights to just hanging out, its all been great! I've always been able to come to you for advice, whether it be about God, boys, fashion, or life. You've never judged me and I thank you for that. You have truly been a huge inspiration to me to not let anything get you down and to just keep going.

Both of you have been life changers for me. I'm just so awed by both of your hearts for people and God. You have encouraged me to be more and do more. You've always supported me in everything I do, such as Guardian Angel.

I'm so proud of you for listening to God and giving Him your YES. That takes a lot of courage and faith, which both of you have! It's going to be different without you here, for you and for us. But thats ok. God knows what He's doing.

I just pray guidance and courage over both of you. I pray that you will continue to trust in God and know that He will never leave you nor forsake you. I know both of you are ready for this and with God's help, you guys are gonna do amazing things on the mainland.

And maybe you'll be called back here to Courtenay or somewhere else on the island. Maybe not. Only God knows that and He will let you know.
So just have faith and courage and be excited! I know you are and that's great! I'm excited for you! God has been using you here and even though you'll be gone, your presence will still be here. You're still family and you're still a part of Thrive Youth Church, and you always will be.

This isn't Goodbye..this is just "See ya later"

No matter what happens in life, you two will always be in my mind, prayers, and heart.

I love you both so much and I will miss you!

God Bless and good luck!

Forever and Always,
Sam :) <3



Philippians 4:4-7

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


Psalm 32:8-10

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you."

Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.

Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him."




No comments: