Thursday, March 18, 2010

Times are a'changin

Funny how things can change so easily and so quickly.

A few months ago, I was set on moving to Victoria this summer with two of my best friends. I was planning on getting a job and living there and having a great time.
Now I might be spending 9 months abroad in Canada if I get accpeted into Katimavik (http://www.katimavik.org/). If I don't get in, I'll be getting a job, but still living at home. I may move out in town somewhere. I may not.

Friends have changed. Some changes good, some not so good. Some changes I hope don't last forever. Some changes I hope last a lifetime.

My medical record has changed. I've had a swollen gland for over three months. I may have to get surgery.

I've changed. I've come to realize some things. Like no matter how good a friend is, they're gonna hurt you sometimes. And when God says something will happen, it will, even if it takes awhile. I've grown into a better leader. I've noticed who my friends are and how amazing they are. I've changed because I've learned to accept things as they come. I may not like it, but sometimes there's not a lot I can do. So I'm just gonna keep smiling and going forward. If I fall, I know who's gonna be there to catch me. And that gives me hope.


“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction”
- Winston Churchill

No comments: